Setting Up a Product Line
The first step in adding a custom product is to create a product line. This will be used for organization purposes within your account. As an example, if you would like to add custom posters of different sizes, you would create a “Posters” product line. Within this product line, you will later add individual products such as “12×18 Poster”, “20×30 Poster”, each having its unique details and pricing.
This section will go through the steps of setting up a product line.
- Go to http://www.photostockplus.com/ and log into your account. If you are unsure how to log in, see Logging In.
- Click on the “Self Fulfillment” link in the left column for more options.
- Click on the “Add Product Line” link.
- Enter the required fields:
Enter a name for the new product line. This name will be used for organization purposes only.
This option needs to be checked to have the products within your product line available to your clients.
This option is useful in the occasion that you no longer carry or offer a certain line of products, or would like to offer a line of products for a limited time only. By removing the check, it will make all of the products within the product line unavailable, applying this change to all of your albums and pricing groups at once. If you later would like to offer the product line again, you can simply tick the box to have it re-added on the fly.
Choose a photo that will be shown as a thumbnail within the product description page and when a client is ordering the custom product.
- Click on the “Upload” link. A new window will load.
- Click on the “Browse” link and locate the file you wish to use from your hard drive. Note: images can not exceed 500 Kb.
- Click on “Send File”. When the image has uploaded successfully, the window will reload and you will see a thumbnail of your image.
- Close the window using the “x” in the top right corner to return to the product line creation page.
Enter a description of the product line and any other details you would like to add for your clients. The text entered here will be displayed on the product description page and during an order process when a client clicks on the “More Info” link to learn more about the product line.
- Click on the “Save” link towards the bottom of the page.
Your product line has been created. You can now add products to your new product line: