Uploading with the Photoloader for Mac
This section will go through the process of uploading photos to an existing album using the Photoloader. For information on how to create new albums, see Creating Albums. To begin, the Photoloader must be open. If you are unsure on how to open the Photoloader, see Opening the Photoloader for Mac. Once the tool is open:
- Enter your Photostockplus account login and password and click the “Login” button.
- Use the scroll down menu found towards the top of the tool and select the album you would like to upload your pictures to.
- Note: If you are uploading images to an event album, you will only be uploading a thumbnail version of each image. This feature is specific to an event album and saves photographers loads of online disk space usage. For more information on Event albums, see Creating Albums.
- Click on the “Add” button. A new Finder window will appear.
- Locate and select the images you would like to upload from your hard drive and click “Select”.
- To select an image, simply click on the file name.
- To select multiple images, select the first file, hold down the “Apple” key, and single click the additional files.
- To select an entire row, select the first file, hold down the “shift” key, then click on the last file in that row or window.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the images you wish to upload are seen in the main window.
- Click “Start Uploading to PhotoStockPlus”.
- Note: Depending on your internet connection and the amount of files you choose to upload, this process can take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours.
- If you do not have a high speed connection (56K or lower), and are trying to upload hundreds of images at once, it may be a good idea to leave the program running while you are away from the screen as it will take some time. There is a progress bar on the right where you can get an idea of how much time is left for the upload to complete.
- When the upload is completed, a new window will open. At this time, you may choose to edit the newly uploaded images by clicking "Yes", or returning to the Uploader tool by clicking "No".
For more information on editing images, see Edit Photos. By default, the Photoloader has the “cache feature” activated which creates a copy of each event image uploaded in a backup location on your hard drive. To learn more, proceed to the following section:
Note: If you are a PC user, please visit the Photoloader for PC section.